Welcome to another episode of The Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s show we are talking about an incredibly unfortunate, but common occurrence in the dental practice – embezzlement.
Joining us to share his wisdom and experience in this area is David Harris, CEO and founder of Prosperident-The Dental Fraud Experts. As the world’s leading expert on dental office embezzlement, David is also a Certified Fraud Examiner and a licensed Private Investigator. After David left his job as an investigator for a bank, he was asked by a friend that had a dental practice to investigate a possible situation of fraud. David soon discovered there was in fact a case of embezzlement occurring at his friend’s office. In a strange twist of fate, David later discovered the same person that committed the fraud working in yet another dentist’s office. From that experience David determined that there was a huge demand for specialist that investigated fraud specifically in dental practices. As disturbing as it might sound, some experts estimate that fraud occurs in as much as 70% of dental practices. Published numbers indicate that the likelihood of a dental practice falling victim to embezzlement in more than 50%.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The warning signs to be aware of if you suspect embezzlement
- The characteristics of the ideal investigator
- The tell-tale behaviors and habits of an embezzler
- The primary reason that a person begins embezzling
- The high tech techniques used to identify, outsmart and prosecute thieves working in your office
- What can you do if you do catch someone embezzling
- Some of the quick and easy methods to find out if you are at risk for embezzlement
Special thanks to David Harris for sharing his unique knowledge and expertise on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on The Dentalpreneur podcast.
- Get your free copy of Pillars of Dental Success at truedentalsuccess.com
- Visit Prosperident at prosperident.com
- To reach Prosperident by phone call 888-398-2327
- Email Prosperident at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find the “Embezzlement Risk Assessment Questionnaire” on the home page of www.prosperident.com
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes
The post 019: David Harris – Are Criminals Running Your Practice? appeared first on Dental Success Institute Blog.