Welcome to another episode of The Dentalpreneur Podcast. Joining us today is Dr. Geoffrey Wan.
Dr. Wan was born and raised in Vancouver, Canada by immigrant parents from Hong Kong. After obtaining a degree in chemistry Geoffrey applied to a number of dental schools in both the United States and Australia and was accepted to school in Sydney. With a strong desire to live and practice in the United States, Geoffrey settled in Washington for his residency. Not long after he met his wife, who happened to be from Australia, he soon found himself happily married and back in Sydney. Geoffrey brings a unique perspective to the show with his experience in both the United States and Australia. Today we discuss the differences in dentistry and insurance between the two countries and where the future of dental practices might be headed in Australia.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The differences between the Australian Health Fund and PPO’s in the United States
- Why practice culture in Australia is not focused on returning patients as much as the United States
- How the overall role of a dentist in Australia varies due to the presence of Oral Health Therapists and not Hygienists
- Why the patient costs contrast so much between the two countries
- The concerns new dentists have in building a practice from scratch in Australia
Special thanks to Dr. Geoffrey Wan for taking the time from his busy schedule to speak with me on today’s show. Thanks to you for joining us on another episode of the Dentalpreneur podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode and would like to hear more incredible ways to improve your practice, join us for the 4th Annual Dental Success Summit 2016 on April 1st & 2nd, 2016 at the Scottsdale Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. Early bird tickets are still available at www.DentalSuccessSummit.com.
- Podcasts mentioned in the episode
- “Thriving Dentist Podcast Show”, hosted by Dr. Gary Takacs
- “The Passionate Dentist Podcast”, hosted by Dr. Bilal Sahib
- “Dentistry Uncensored”, hosted by Dr. Howard Farran
- “The Dental Hacks Podcast”, hosted by Alan Mead and Jason Lipscomb
- “Dentistry’s Ideal Practices Podcast”, hosted by Jayme Amos
- Books mentioned in this episode
- The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
- Extreme Ownership: How the U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, by Ashlee Vance
- Empire State of Mind: How Jay Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office, by Zack O’Malley Greenburg
- Get your free copy of Pillars of Dental Success
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes
The post 048: Dr. Geoffrey Wan – Private Practice: Australia vs. U.S. appeared first on Dental Success Institute Blog.