Jonathan is a CPA, founder and creator of Dentists Metrics—a coaching and virtual accounting firm for dentists, and host of the “Start Your Dental Practice” podcast. After years as a corporate and small business CPA, Jonathan recognized the need for appropriate financial guidance in the dental profession. Starting as an outsourced CFO for dentists, his firm has evolved into a digital accounting firm with clients in 14 states. Today Jonathan and I discuss what dentists should know about their monthly profit and loss metrics. He shares the top three mistakes most dentists make when it comes to optimizing their business income. He also explains how to best prepare for tax season with your CPA and when your tax planning should be scheduled with your accountant, to be most effective.
All of that and more on today’s episode of The Dentalpreneur.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why dentists should have a philosophy of profit first
- How to lower expenses
- Why your staffing expense is probably a revenue issue
- How you can lower your cost by just asking for a discount
- What you should be looking at on your tax return for deductions
- Why tax time is not the most effective time to try to tax plan with your accountant
Special thanks to Jonathan VanHorn for taking the time to speak from his busy schedule to speak with me on today’s show. Thanks to you for joining us on another episode of the Dentalpreneur podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode and would like to hear more incredible ways to improve your practice, join us for the 4th Annual Dental Success Summit 2016 on April 1st & 2nd, 2016 at the Scottsdale Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. Early bird tickets are still available at www.DentalSuccessSummit.com.
- Contact Jonathan VanHorn & Dental Metrics at (877) 265-2121 ext 1
- Find Dentists Metrics at dentistmetrics.com
- Find the “Start Your Dental Practice Podcast” in iTunes
- Get your free “15 Numbers That Will Make Or Break Your Dental Practice” at startyourdentalpractice.com/mark
- Get your free copy of Pillars of Dental Success
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Write a Review on iTunes
The post 050: Jonathan VanHorn – Inside The Mind Of The Dental CPA appeared first on Dental Success Institute Blog.