Welcome to another episode of the Dentalpreneur Podcast. On today’s show we gain some insider knowledge and helpful tips from 28 year old multiple practice owner Dr. Hunter Smith.
Dr. Smith grew up in Jonesboro, AR where he completed his undergrad schooling at Arkansas State University. He then attended the Tennessee Health and Science Center College of Dentistry in Memphis. After graduating in 2014 he bought his first dental practice that summer following a 2 month stint as an associate at that practice. Dr. Smith moved on from there to eventually purchase 6 practices within an 18 month time span. He credits much of his knowledge and success from with working through each of these acquisition experiences.
All of that and more on today’s episode of the Dentalpreneur.
More about this show:
Dr. Smiths’ first practice grew by 46% profitability in just one year. He genuinely enjoys learning about business and practice ownership. One key factor that has helped him achieve his goals is learning to know when to implement certain changes during a transition process. After going through the process multiple times he advises that it is ok to be a little more willing to make risky choices. At this point you will have gained adequate experience and a financial foundation to be able to not see immediate financial return and still be ok.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why you should find the right practice for the associate rather than the reverse
- The first things to look at when considering buying a practice
- What you should not change right away after buying a practice
- Where you can make the most lucrative changes right off the bat
- How to deal with patient base who loved the practice the way it was before when making changes
Special thanks to Dr. Hunter Smith for sharing his experiences and knowledge on today’s show, and thanks to you for joining us as well. See you next time on the The Dentalpreneur.
- Email Dr. Smith with any seminar registration questions: email@example.com
- Seminar information: http://marketing.breakawaypractice.com/acton/media/24318/ownership-summit?sid=TV2:4tZmjGaNG
- Register at http://breakawaypractice.com/register-now (scroll to Feb 16 and 17)
- DentalTown Thread for Discussion and Information: http://www.dentaltown.com/MessageBoard/thread.aspx?s=2&f=100&t=283465&r=4468235
- Visit http://truedentalsuccess.com/dentalsuccesssummit/
- Visit https://voicesofdentistry.com/
- Subscribe to The Dentalpreneur Podcast
- Visit the Dentalpreneur Podcast website
- Write a Review on iTunes
The post 101: Dr. Hunter Smith – Six Practices Before 30 Years Old appeared first on Dental Success Institute Blog.